Successful Vs. Unsuccessful People & Business Owners

Attendees Loved This…

Today I’m going to share something with you that I shared with attendees of a seminar tour that I recently held..  At the end of the seminar I shared an interesting chart that shows the differences between successful people and unsuccessful people.  I got this chart from a friend of mine that has a business that actually helps women succeed in business.

Her name is Mary Ellen Tribby and she has a business called Working Moms Only. If you know a female whom might be looking for a mentor you may want to check her site out www.WorkingMomsOnly.com.

Here’s the chart:

SuccessVsUnSuccessful.jpg

Here are a few of my favorites from the list.

1. Reading – I’m actually a speed reader and read the Wall Street Journal and USA Today daily.  In addition to that I read a variety of trade journals, magazines in different niches, many aviation magazines and I also read 4 – 6 books a month.  Studies show that those reading 60 minutes a day are 10X’s more likely to earn $100,000.00 per year than those who read fewer than 60 minutes a day. We all have the same amount of hours in a day…we can choose to read relevant information that can help us with our business or watch Snookie on MTV.

2. Setting Goals – This is very big.  I shared this story with attendees at the seminar as well.  It comes from one of my favorite authors Brian Tracy and his book GOALS

In 1979 the graduates of Harvard’s MBA program were asked “Have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?” Only 3% had clear written goals, 13% had goals not written and 84% had no specific goals at all.

In 1989 – 10 years later – they interviewed the same group again and found the 13% were on average earning double what the 84% with no goals had achieved.  But the big take away was in 10 years, the 3% with clear, written goals when they left Harvard were earning 10 times as much as the other 97% combined.

3. Continuous Learning...Which loops back to #1

On a final note I’d love to hear what your favorites are from the Successful Vs. Unsuccessful…Visit my Blog at www.DarinSpindler.com and comment.  They are all very important and I believe in practicing as many as you can.

Have a great weekend,

Darin

Ps…I could write all day about the successful and unsuccessful.  It’s really not that hard to succeed if you have a sense of gratitude, a willingness to help others succeed, dream big, set goals to meet your dreams and then take massive proactive action. 




Comments are closed.